Contoured Bed Wedge Support Pillow for Reading or Sleeping Elevated. A natural Remedy for GERDElevates and supports the upper body, allows easier breathing and digestion. Perfect for reading in bed, sleeping, or simply relaxing in an elevated position. Predominantly designed for back sleeping. Very useful for the prevention of GERD. Scalloped top surface provides a safer sleeping position for those who want or need to sleep or rest in an elevated position.
- Adjustments enable angle to be from 15° to 10°.
- Can be used on the bed, couch or floor.
- Available in Quilted or Waterproof versions.
- Tailored poly-cotton over slips are available
The wedge pillow for acid reflux & heartburn.
Contoured Bed Wedge elevates your head and supports your upper torso when sleeping or resting in bed to reduce or eliminate the symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn or gastric reflux (GERD - Gastroesoplhageal Reflux Disease) and other medical problems such as asthma, bronchial or breathing constraints, hiatus hernia, and heart conditions.
The elevation achieved through the use of the contoured bedwedge has also been found to be very useful in the treatment of Barrett's oesophagus or Barrett's condition as well as GERD.
- Ideal for home, nursing homes and hospitals for people needing to sleep in an elevated or angled sleeping position.
- Elevates and supports the head, neck, back and shoulders to support your body while sleeping, reading, or resting.
- Minimise pressure: The angle and surface contour minimises pressure on lower back and buttocks.
- Secure: Contoured scalloped surface moulds to body's contours giving the user a secure feeling.
- Designed to be used with a low pillow.
- Adjustable: Height and angle can be changed by removing an internal wedge to lower the bed wedge.
Sleeping in an elevated position
- A natural way to manage, reduce or eliminate the symptoms of GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), Barretts Oesophagus, hiatus hernia, acid reflux or gastric reflux. - Use gravity to prevents stomach acid (digestive juices) coming up and damaging the oesophagus
- Helps reduce coughing and reduce drainage of mucus down the back of the throat - Ease the symptoms of colds, flu, sinus congestion and post nasal drainage
- Eases breathing difficulties - comfort of people who suffer from CHF (congestive heart failure) and other and congestive heart conditions, who have shortness of breath and coughing when lying flat.
- Often reduces snoring
- Helps relieve respiratory discomfort and ease breathing problems due emphysema, asthma, chest congestion, bronchial, GERD or other breathing constraints.
- Alleviates back pain due to load bearing on the lower back while sleeping, convalescing periods or in hospital.
- Quilted poly/cotton cover
- Steri-Plus cover suitable for incontinent users
Bed Wedge Cottom overslips
Tailored poly/cotton over slips in cream or white
A good night's sleep
'Bed Wedge - Relaxer Recliner' has been designed to care for your body while relaxing or sleeping. It's angle and contours have been carefully conceived to minimise pressure to the weight-bearing lower vertebrae.
Its generous width and contour means it can be comfortably and safely used for sleeping. Gently scalloped areas mould to the body's contours to give that secure feeling. Ideal for nursing homes, hospitals, and at home.
Unlike acutely angled smaller wedges, that actually increase the load on the lower back, Contoured Bed Wedge is angled at the medically accepted 15°
Now with an internal foam wedge which can be removed to lower the angle from 15° to approximately 10°
'Bed Wedge - Relaxer Recliner' has many uses
Encourages correct spinal alignment and provides body hugging support,Â thus helping relieve back conditions which cause pain and stress.
Hospitals and Nursing Homes:
'Bed Wedge - Relaxer Recliner' is ideal for those persons suffering medical conditions requiring an angled sleeping position.It's angle was arrived at after consultation with health specialists to find the most appropriate slope and contours. Very good for the treatment of GERD and other disorders.
Bed wedge is perfect for sleeping on:
The 'Bed Wedge - Relaxer Recliner' is designed for use with a low pillow to ensure the neck is in line with the spine's natural curvature. Eliminates the need for a bed riser.
Watch TV in bed and be supported:
Convalescents and accident victims find it impossible to watch TV from a flat position. With the Contoured Bed Wedge you are immediately in the perfect position to read or to watch television in bed.
Contoured Bed Wedge: Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can you explain your wedge?
A. The adjustable Contoured Bed Wedge is popular because it allows you to rest or sleep at an angle of around It also features a sleeve which you can delete to lower the angle for personal comfort and medical requirement.
Q. Why is the Contoured Bed Wedge pillow better than other wedges on the market?
A. The Contoured Bed Wedge pillow is longer than most wedges available and supports the head, chest and shoulders. Simply raising the head on pillow causes the body to bend in the middle and actually makes reflux worse. When not sleeping on your Contoured Bed Wedge, lean against it for reading or watching TV. It will slide easily under most beds. The bed wedge has a built in scallop shape to help keep you in position and is also adjustable for two different sleeping angles.
Q. Do I have to sleep on my back to get the benefits of the Contoured Bed Wedge pillow?
A. No, you may sleep on your side or on your back and you will still get a better night's sleep.
Q. How do I cover my Contoured Bed Wedge pillow?
A. The Contoured Bed Wedge pillow comes in a removable quilted or waterproof cover. These covers are not designed for regular washing. It is preferable to use a tailor made poly cotton covers on the wedge.
Q. Can I still use my own pillow when sleeping on the Contoured Bed Wedge pillow?
A. Yes. Most people sleep comfortably when placing their own pillow on the Contoured Bed Wedge pillow. Try sleeping with and without your pillow and see what is more comfortable for you.
Q. Can I use the Contoured Bed Wedge pillow on a water bed?
A. Yes. Water beds do not give as much support as regular mattresses, but the Contoured Bed Wedge pillow will still be effective.
Q. Who can benefit from sleeping on Contoured Bed Wedge?
A. People with GERD, reflux, hiatus hernias, asthma, respiratory diseases, snoring problems, heart patients, pregnant women, or anyone who will sleep better elevated.
Q. Does it take time to get used to sleeping on Contoured Bed Wedge?
A. It may take a night or two to get used to the benefits of your new sleeping position. Most people find it only takes one night to love their Contoured Bed Wedge.
Q. Is Contoured Bed Wedge returnable?
A.Health regulations prohibit the return of pillows. Contoured Bed Wedge pillows and pillow covers are guaranteed against defects.
Inner: Do not immerse in water. Dab clean with a solution of warm water and mild detergent. Do not machine wash. Do not tumble dry.Dry flat away from direct sunlight.
Quilted Cover: Not designed for repeated washing. (To avoid damage to the foam from constant removal of cover, leave cover permanently and cover with tailored overslip. Hand wash warm water mild detergent. Do not bleach. Do not machine wash. Do not tumble dry. Line dry, warm iron. Dry cleanable.
Steri-Plus Cover: It resists moisture, and is easily cleaned by wiping down with mild detergent warm water, and hung to dry. Wipe stains using a non-phenolic disinfectant in a diluted solution. Do not bleach. Do not machine wash. Do not tumble dry. Line dry. Do not iron.
Optional tailored over slip: Normal wash and Dry. Do not use chlorine bleach.